Just recently I turned the big, sweet 16, and I decided to reflect back on these past 16 years and what I have gotten from them. So here are 16 things I have learned in 16 years… Enjoy!
- It is better to have a few close friends, than to have a large group of fake friends that may not truly care about your well being. Quality > quantity
- Mental health should be taken more seriously, especially when it comes to homework and stress from school.
- Put in 110% with everything you do and always keep a positive attitude, whether that’s in class/at work or out on the field.
- Be bold & put yourself out there because you’ll never know what kind of opportunities will come out of it.
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” I always try to remember this one on the field/court because it won’t hurt you in the end if you miss. You just have to get back up and try again.
- You have no clue what someone could be going through at home, so just be kind to everyone.
- Smile more 🙂 it looks good on you! There was also a study that says if you try to smile when you’re feeling down, it can actually help you feel better.
- Failure is okay; it may not be the greatest feeling, but it will only make you stronger.
- Not much more I can say about that one; I think the quote speaks for itself.
- You should love yourself first before learning how to love someone else.
- Going off of #10, embrace what your mama gave you! You are beautiful and should feel confident in your own skin.
- Not everyone is going to like you and that’s perfectly okay.
- Don’t do drugs kids! I shouldn’t have to feel weird at school for being one of the few that still hasn’t tried weed or whatever it is. I understand medical purposes, but if you’re in high school out partying that is not a medical reason.
- Love is love and I don’t understand why people judge others for just wanting to be happy and in love. Love should have no gender, race, or religion.
- Love is not trying to change someone. Love is accepting them and loving them wholeheartedly.
- Family is absolutely everything.
2 thoughts on “Sixteen Things”
Jordan, you are wise beyond your years, and co it he to amaze me. I am so excited to watch your future unfold.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Jordan, you are wise beyond your years, and you continue to amaze me. I am so excited to watch your future unfold!
LikeLiked by 1 person